Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer Treasures

I got my pieces back that I had published in the summer issue of Belle Armoire Jewelry magazine. One had sold when the article came out, but I had a couple to list in Junque Revival.
The article was called, "Summer Treasures" where I had framed out old shards and seaglass with polymer clay. I made tiny flowers, leaves and tendrils for some. I collaged these two with vintage ephemera and images.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The chain on this piece was made from fine sterling wire, a Victorian pin, Mother of Pearl, Peace Jade and (my favorite) Garnet.

I hung this one a chunky copper chain
I like to paint polymer clay with many layers of paints and glazes to give it a warm old feel. When you use your own unique blend of paints, your pieces will be sure to stand out from the crowd and they will be your own.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We have had endless rain here in Maine, except for two fairly nice days on Friday and Saturday. Friday, a warm breezy day, I went to Wiscasset with my Dad and Stepmom at Sarah's Cafe. I had this SUPER-YUMM lobster roll on whole-wheat and tomato bread. I knew I had to feed Big Daddy that night, so I got one of their cobb salads to-go. (we love the dressing at Sarah's!) Then we stopped by Treats (and as always it is a special treat to go there!) I grabbed a big hunk of veggie lasagna to go with the cobb salad from Sarah's. I never leave Treats without picking up one of their little fruit pies. Dinner was hit that night!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica, I came across your work on Creative Souls. I Love the creativity you put into your jewelry. I'm also from Maine, the small town of St. Albans. (central, about 1 hour above Augusta) Where do you live in our wonderful state? Yeah! SUN for a couple of days!! Nice to meet you, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete