Wednesday, March 24, 2010

sharing the new biz.....

For those of you that are swinging by to check on the contest details, I have worked out the prizes and will do an official contest post over the weekend. Because one of the prizes is going to be products from our new company.... I thought I'd finally let you all in on our new adventure!


I have been trying to share my time between our new work-shop and here at home on the computer designing the labels. The label work has been extremely time consuming, but we found that by designing them ourselves, we captured exactly who we are and what we are all about.


So, welcome to Sweet Mojo Apothecary..... We will be launching our products in a couple of weeks! We are going to start off selling on Etsy, and I am also working on our own website. So please swing by and heart us, and we'll be sure to heart you back:) We also plan on selling wholesale to some exclusive Maine shops.


Here are just a few of the products we'll be offering:

For the past 2 1/2 months we have been working on scents and perfecting our products. We will have a plethora of scents that have been blended with each product, so our customers can layer the scents. We will also have massage oils, blended perfume oils and a "Super" Sugar Scrub that contains flax seed. The Salt Soak & Sugar Scrubs will also be sold in 1 & 2 oz. sample jars. We'll add more products down the line.

We are very lucky to know so many women who love this kind of product, as we have a hearty bunch of gals that have been our testers. We carefully took all of their suggestions into consideration and played with the recipes until they felt just right. I think the funnest part for us, and for the testers were the scents (and we are going to have a lot of them!) We love the way the scents smell slightly different on each individual's skin.... and we figure that has got to be each person's individual MOJO!

How does a full-time artsist and her book-keeping friend turn into bath & body product makers? hmmmm.... I think I'll save that story for another post.

So please check back this weekend if you want to participate in the contest. I have a couple of other prizes up my sleeve, and I will fill you in on the contest deadline, etc....

5 comments:

  1. This is so exciting to hear, Jes. Congrats on your new venture and the very best of luck!

    Hugs,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - this is wonderful and the labels look great... that sugar scrub sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, love the idea of the new line. Also, saw you in Jewelry Affaire, fabulous once again! Congratulations on your latest article my friend. Hugs, Riki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica, I would LOVE to have you on our doorstep, anytime!! You could could come teach us some fun stuff! Take care, have a great weekend. Hugs, Riki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! I've been waiting anxiously. I really really want to snag you for a few hours over my April break (week of the 19th). I have your birthday pressie and I want to ooooh and aaaah over the new products!!

    ReplyDelete